Sunday, April 15, 2012

Guest NOTD: Mom's Gold & Black

I wasn't quite sure what to call this design - it's something like a Ruffian, but with the color extending up the sides.  I've seen a stripe down the middle called a Lubu (especially when the stripe is red) but there's usually more color on the sides.  At any rate, mom was inspired by an episode of the Project Runway All Stars - if you watch, the episode where they have to find their muse in the park?  Austin's muse had something similar to this on her nails.

The base black is Finger Paints Black Expressionism.  The gold is China Glaze - but I'm so sorry, I don't remember if it's Passion or 2030!  I usually think I'll just naturally remember the exact polish -  well apparently not after 2 months LOL:


She did this herself & was very very pleased with the final look =)  I was happy that she was happy & stepping a bit out of her plain-manicured box.

Thanks for reading.

~Colette

15 comments:

  1. That is so awesome. Your mom's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look! This is so pretty! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this design! I'm saving it on the back of my head (and on my list of To-Do manicures" :p), so thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors reminds me of something off of stargate. The Egyptian look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this style is called framing. It looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "GO, Colette, GO" post those nails of the day!
    (this is me acting as cheerleader for your mission to catch up on your NOTD)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is sweet! Visit my blog if you love nails. I follow you,please follow back if you like my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so cool! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it ^^
    ik volg je via bloglovin, volg je me terug? xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I will read every comment, and try to respond to any questions =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...